May 13, 2013

No Makeup Monday



Today I thought I would share a little thing I've been doing for the past 2 years. No Makeup Monday. That's right, just as the name implies, on Monday I wear no makeup or minimal makeup. This all started because I am that poor unfortunate soul who always ends up with an 8 am Monday class and after a long weekend of fun I would rather be sleeping than worrying about eyeliner being symmetrical.




If you're like me sometimes the thought of showing the world your unmade up face is just plain terrifying, what will everyone think of that zit?! what will they say about uneven skin?! And to be completely honest the first couple weeks I did this, I was ridiculously uncomfortable. But I promise, not once has amyone said anything about the fact that my cheeks aren't fully contoured and highlighted or mentioned my undereye circles. And by the time 8:30 rolls around, I completely forget about the fact that I'm not wearing makeup

NMM also gives me a chance to let my skin take a breather after a weekend of full on glamour. I like to takes Mondays as an opportunity to show my face some TLC, I wash, exfoliate, and moisturize, throw my hair in a top knot, throw on my glasses and walk out the door.

Now I understand that not everyone is comfortable without makeup, I'll admit that sometimes I throw on some mascara on Mondays. But I highly suggest that you guys take the time to give your face a breather and forego the foundation and heavy makeup for a little bit, your skin will thank you for it and you might just feel a little bit more comfortable in your natural beauty. If anything you'll be able to rejoice in the fact that you can rub your eyes without worrying about smudging your mascara.

No comments:

Post a Comment