May 9, 2013

Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream Review and Swatch

So with everyone raving about this I just had to try it out, I agree that its definitely more of a tinted moisturizer than a BB cream but on hot Texas days, thats all I really need, so I like it.



My shade is Medium and I was a little worried because BB creams always look either really pink on me or really orange, but I am pretty happy with this color.



Personally I really like the formula, it could stand to be a little thicker but when you're dealing with American BB Creams you just have to get used to the fact that the drugstore ones are pretty much just tinted moisturizers.

The coverage isn't great when it comes to blemishes but it definitely helps to blur out a lot of the little imperfections. I use it pretty much everyday when I'm in class, because seriously who wants to worry about a full face of makeup when you're knee deep in Organic Chem homework. Not this girl.

like I said, the coverage isn't great but it helps blur out the little stuff
(I apologize for my terrible eyebrows, I took this as I was getting ready this morning)
The lasting power of this isn't the best, especially on really humid days, I would suggest setting it with a light translucent powder (I use Rimmel Stay Matte) just because it is a lot like a tinted moisturizer and can start to get really oily looking. It can get a little blotchy once you hit about 5 hours but I just use my fingers to buff it back out and it works fine.

The fact that it has broad spectrum SPF 30 is really great as well, I spend probably 75% of my time outside so sun damage is a huge concern for me.

Something else I like to do with this is use it under my heavier foundation like my Revlon Colorstay, I find that the colorstay can be a little drying on my skin but I put the BB Cream underneath it and its like a moisturizer layer that also helps a little with priming.

Overall, if you're looking for a true full coverage BB Cream then this isn't for you. But if you're looking for something subtle just to help wake up your face and give a little blurring coverage then definitely give it try.

No comments:

Post a Comment